Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Morning Musume: Fantasy! Juuichi

First off, here's my updated VIDEO IN THE WORKS list:

Coming at the end of this year 2010:
1. Stuff I Bought At Power Morphicon 2010 Part 2
2. PR Samurai Switch Morphin Fire Ranger
3. More Gokaiger Pictures & Info
Coming Early 2011:
1. Power Morphicon 2010 Compilation
2. MM Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game PV
3. Muten Musume Appare Kaiten Zushi! PV
4. My Power Rangers/Super Sentai Collection 24

Now, with that out of the way, I will now begin my review on each of the songs off Morning Musume's 11th album "Fantasy! Juuichi" which was released December 1. This is the last album for MM members Kamei Eri, Junjun, & Linlin.

1. Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game (AL Ver.): This song is the group's 44th single. It's a different version from the single version. I like the added intro a lot. And I like how they have longer pauses in the verses when leader Takahashi Ai sings. The guitar in the bridge is a very nice touch and it gives the song more of a rock feeling. I like this album version better than the single version, although they are both basically the same song (just with added parts).

2. Bravo!: This song has more of a rock feeling to it. It's a really nice song and I believe Takahashi Ai is the only one who gets a solo. And it's really short, so the whole song is basically everyone singing. It's a happy song and a good song to be on this particular album.

3. Fantasy ga Hajimaru: On this album, Tsunku (producer) decided to go a little more techno. And this song is one of the songs that he uses techno in. This song is very cool with 6th Generation Member Michishige Saymui taking the lead. I love Takahashi Ai's falsetto at the end.

4. Onna Gokoro to Nanto Yara: Another happy song that is also more on the rock side. I love how the snare drum doesn't come in until the chorus, while during the verses it's only a clap machine to control the rhythm of the song. This song is lead by Sub-Leader Niigaki Risa and it's a perfect song for her to lead.

5. Ai no Honoo: There are onlt two songs in this album that are solos. This is the first one and it's sung by only 6th Generation Member Tanaka Reina. The only two solo songs are sung by the two front-woman of the group. It's a really nice song and Reina's voice is soothing to listen to. It's not my favorite song on the album, but it's nice on the ears.

6. I'm Lucky girl: This song is both rock and techno, but more on the techno side with the two front-women Reina and Ai leading. It's a very catchy song and it should be a really good song for them to perform live because fans can be able to repeat what is being sung in the verses. The chorus is really awesome and cool.

7. Sungoi My Birthday: This is the cute song on the album. I call it a "J-Pop Lullaby". It's lead by the 8th Generation Members Mitsui Aika, Junjun, and Linlin. This is one of my favorites on the album and I'm glad Tsunku didn't have these girls sing weird goofy songs like in past albums. In this song, the instruments are very light on the ears, so you are able to hear their voices much more clearly, especially the 8th Gen. Members. I'm happy they have a song like this, especially since this album is the last one for two of the 8th Gen. Members.

8. 1 Kara 10 Made Aishite Hoshii: A very happy song, this song reminds me of a few of their past B-Sides they've done while they were a 9-nin group (songs like "Sono Bamen de Bibiccha Ikenai jan!" and "Bomb Kyu! Bomb Kyu! Bomb Girl"). There are a lot of trumpets in this song, reminding me of this group back in 2007-2008 (although I didn't find out about them until 2009 :P). It's a good catchy song.

9. Itoshiku Kurushii Kono Yoru ni: This is another soothing song and it's fronted by the graduate member Kamei Eri. I'm glad she got to lead a song like this one to show off her voice. She wasn't always the best singer of the group, but she had a chance to shine in this song. This song has a cultural Japanese influence in it, but at the same time, there are synthesizers being used, giving it it's modernity and pop vibe.

10. Denwa de ne: This is the second solo on this album and it is sung by leader Takahashi Ai. This is another soothing song and has an R&B feel to it. It's my favorite of the two solos and in my opinion, Ai's voice is even more soothing to listen to than Reina's. This song has quite a few vox tracks on it to make lyrics overlap, which will be difficult to sing live, especially when it's a solo, but I'm sure Ai will sing all the main parts. This is also another one of my favorite songs on the album.

11. Seishun Collection: This is the group's 43rd single. A happy song with very few solos but overall, it is a good song with a catchy tune. The melody is great and it's nice to hear all the members sing at once, similar to "Bravo!". A lot of the group's recent singles have the same format, but they all end up having their own uniqueness and this song is a uniquely happy ending song.

So if you haven't already, buy Morning Musume's "Fantasy! Juuichi" album. It's an amazing album, and I would say that this album is better than 10 MY ME. That's how good it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment