Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ocean Of Immaturity

I have to memorize this poem for English class by Wednesday:

"Like children, we had watched blindly
Watched blindly as all which we had called our lives
Seemed to crash upon us
Upon the ones who lost themselves within their own ocean of immaturity

One drove himself closer to his destruction
As the other allowed himself to be driven by that feeling of competition
Had I not been driven by that same selfishness
Driven by that sensation of excitement and danger

All thoughts began to swirl within my mind
Burdening me
Drowning me with each breath
As I swallowed my ocean of immaturity
Determined to return to that pitied shore
That gazed at the lost eyes of shame

A time which our youth was to be put aside
And guide us towards a better life
A life in which our choices would provide more gentle waves
Am I ready to enter that ocean, my ocean, once more?"

Ugh... this is gonna be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment