Sunday, August 8, 2010

Confusion

I don't know how to feel right now.

I'm happy and sad at the same time. I wanna scream in happiness, but I wanna cry in sadness too. Let me start off with the good news.

I know I made a deal with you that I would post up another blog yesterday if my band made it into the top 3 bands. And I broke that deal, because we ended up getting first place! :D I would've put up a blog, but we got home late and I was super tired. I'm still confused too. It doesn't seem real that we won....

So we were the first band to arrive at the library. We got there like at 11:45, even though we were supposed to be there at 1:30. :P So we hung out around there and we found out that we were going to be the 4th band playing out of 6, which is REALLY GOOD. As long as we weren't first, we we're happy. Being the opening act sucks!

So when the 2nd and 3rd bands played, we were getting pumped up to play. We did our ritual jog and high fived each other, telling each other to go all-out crazy but not breaking anything in the process. When the 3rd band went off stage, we set up our equipment and the person in charge introduced us by reading the bio I sent in (even though a lot of the things in the bio that she read was not what I wrote).

We were the ONLY band who actually moved around and jumped and went crazy on stage. We showed really good stage presence and crowd interaction compared to the other 5 bands. And it helped out a lot because we got 1st place! :D We won a trophy, $200, another gig, and 7 hours of recording time PROFESSIONALLY at TrackStar Studios! :D I'm so proud of my band mates because they really pulled through. And I wanna thank everyone who came out to support us (you know who you are)! Photos of the gig will be on our MySpace.

And then today happened....

Well, first off, I woke up with a sore neck, which I still have, but that's a good thing because that means I did a lot of head banging yesterday. But that's not important.

It was announced that today, three members of Morning Musume will be graduating this fall. Those members are Kamei Eri, JunJun, and LinLin.

I could not believe this when I found this out. Kamei Eri has been suffering from a skin condition called atopic dermatitis ever since she has joined Morning Musume. With all of the make up and costume changes that the members go through, it's hard for her to recover from it. So she is deciding to leave the group and Tsunku has announced her graduation. And it's sad, because Kamei Eri is one of my favorite members of MM. :( I wish her the best and I hope she recovers quickly.

There is a different reason why Tsunku is graduating JunJun and LinLin. As you all might know, JunJun and LinLin are the only two Chinese members of the group. Tsunku states that they have grown as both singers and Japanese speakers and are now women who are capable of standing on their own two feet. They will be graduating and returning to China to continue their entertainment careers there. I also wish them the best of luck.

But with these graduations, there will come new members. Tsunku announced that there will FINALLY be a 9th generation group of Morning Musume. He states that he is looking for one 10-17 year old girl, but he is known to add more than one new member in a generation for MM. There has not been auditions to join the group since 2006, when Mitsui Aika joined, nor has there been new members since 2007, when the two Chinese members joined.

For more info about the graduations and upcoming members of MM, click HERE.

I am happy that MM will finally have new members, but I am also sad that 3 members are leaving the group. And I am so shocked that we won the Battle of the Bands competition yesterday. A lot of things are going through my head right now. So many things are happening at the same time. It's hard to keep track of everything....

No comments:

Post a Comment