Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cross Country Experience

So yesterday was the day of the finals for the 2010 Cross Country season. And this was my last year of high school country. I'm gonna miss this sport a lot.

Although I didn't break my PR (personal record) yesterday, I think I did the best that I could. My PR was 18:44 and I got 18:46 yesterday. I could've gone out a little slower, but it is what it is. It was an amazing season and an awesome experience. After the races, the awards ceremony took place and the top 10 runners from each divisions got medals (I was #18 in my division. which I think is great for me :D). Then after the awards, we went to La Bella's Pizza Place and had delicious pizza! Yum. :P

I love Cross Country to death. It's my favorite sport by far. I wish I joined as a freshman....

I joined Cross Country as a sophomore. The only reason why I joined XC is cuz my dad was forcing me to join a sport in high school. And I liked running and I knew a few people in XC and who were joining it, so I joined the sport that football and lacrosse players don't consider a "sport". Anyone who thinks that is stupid. I wanna see them try to run 3 miles at their very hardest non-stop. >.<

I wasn't really serious about the sport. Originally, I didn't plan on lettering varsity. Nor did I expect to meet a lot of interesting people or make a lot of new friends. I just planned on running. I didn't think I was going to have so much fun with this sport.

Being on the team has made me be a little more responsible, dedicated, and loyal. My first year of XC was fun. It's where I started out as a slow newbie, then slowly worked my way up. I learned a lot of things and became familiar more and more every day I had practice. I became really good friends with a few of the guys. It's also the year when I decided to also do Track & Field. But I do love XC much more.

My second year was great too. I was more familiar with everyone and new people came into the team. I was now a veteran of the team and I had a tiny bit of authority. xP It's the year I finally broke 20 minutes for 3 miles. :D It's also the year I found the girl of my dreams. <3

My third and final year was amazing. The best year by far. Although it didn't really end off in the way I expected too, it was an amazing year and I don't regret anything. It's the year I came out of an injury and still ran very well. It's the year I was able to have authority over the JV team. It's the year my band mates joined the tam. It's year I lettered varsity. And it's the year I won a race. I don't think it can get any better than that. :D

I will always love this sport. But I have decided that I will not be running in collage. But I know that I have a few more races to come. My next will be the Footlocker race, which anybody can run, which is in December. And then next in June or July, I will be racing at XC camp as a counselor (if I decide to go, which I hope I will). And I will continue running on my own or with friends just for fun and to stay in shape. I won't be doing a whole lot, but I will run as much as I can.

Cross Country is a sport. It's my favorite sport. And nobody will change my mind. Thank you to everyone whose made this whole XC experience for me a great one. I love you all from the bottom of my heart. Now I'm looking forward to my last season of Track & Field. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment