Saturday, October 30, 2010

Commitments

So me and my band Nightmare's Riot are going to play a show today at the Metaphor Cafe in Escondido, CA. Well, we just had a few issues concerning that...

So we had Cross Country practice today early in the morning (at 7 am to be exact). Since Christian (drummer) is only a manager for the team and not actually a runner, he didn't have to go to practice today. Well, me and Tomas (guitarist) are runners, so we had to go to practice. (he's not very fast, but Tomas is still a runner. :P) And it was also raining too, but running in the rain is epic.

So we talked about how we were gonna get to the gig, since Escondido is about an hour or more away from us. Tomas said he would be able to give me a ride, since I don't have a ride there. Christian told us before that his dad was gonna take him to the show.

Then today after practice, freakin Christian calls me and says that his dad was not willing to drive all the way to Escondido in the rain. Plus, Christian's drums were rusting from the rain from the last show we played at. Christian called the people of NDOE Industries (the industry that books us shows at the cafe) to ask them if he could set up his drums inside the cafe, instead of setting up the drums and waiting outside. They never picked up, nor did they call back at the time. And then Tomas said he was gonna be late to the show.

-___-

So then we decided to not play the show and tell NDOE that we would not be able to make it to the show. We were all bummed out, but this was all Christian's fault. I don't wanna get into much detail why because it would be too much to explain. But yes, it was all Christian's fault.

But then a few hours later, the rain clears and the sun comes up. Christian calls me again and tells me that his dad was now willing to drive. And then Tomas said that he will be able to make it on time to the show. So now, Christian is gonna give me a ride to the show and Tomas will hopefully be on time.

This show better be damn fun to play!!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE POWER RANGERS, WILLYOU MARRY ME!? I LOVE YOU SO much :D hahahahahahaha 8========D ~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete