Monday, February 15, 2010

Shinkenger Closing Act

I just wathced the final episode of Shinkenger! I waited until there was an English subbed version, and after waiting for what seemed to be too long of a wait, I am happy to say that Shinkenger was an epic Sentai season!

I remember watching the first episode and falling in love with the story to Shinkenger. Four vassals are summoned by the supposedly 18th Head of the Shiba Clan to fight the evil Gedoushuu of the Sanzu River. It was something new, and from then on, I looked forward to watching all of the episodes (with subtitles of course :P).

So then later on in the season, there was an episode where there was a Gedou that would insult the Shinkenger and they would go flying into a building. But this didn't affect Kotoha (ShinkenYellow) because she was used to insults. When the Gedou attacked Takeru, it called him a "Liar". Now of course, I would watch these episodes on YouTube and I remember reading a comment from someone saying something like "Maybe Takeru is lying about being the lord of the Shiba Clan." Of course, I didn't believe that. I thought he lied about not wanting to work with others or something of that nature.

So then the last few episodes came and it turns out that Takeru is not the real lord of the Shiba Clan, but a simple Kagemusha (Shadow Warrior) of the real head of the Shiba Clan, Kaoru, who is a female. To be honest, I was SHOCKED! I would have never thought that this would happen. It was a real plot twist and it was executed really well! But one thing that would be really cool is if both ShinkenReds were shown together and fought side by side. Now that would have been SUPER EPIC!

So the princess Kaoru uses the Sealing Character on the leader of the Gedoushuu, Dokoku, but fails, and she is weakened. So she adopts Takeru, even though he is older than her (I know, weird, right?) and he fights with his team once again to destroy Dokoku once and for all.

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger = EPIC WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment